2.10.2012

where the rubber meets the road

My prayer tonight went something like this:


"Today I didn't feel as enlightened, joyful, peaceful - I didn't feel the Spirit like I did the first hour I was awake. Which is 100% my fault and for which I'm very sorry."


I'm still learning all of the truths in practice that I'm taught cognitively during my studies each morning. I say things I don't mean, I allow a crabby little baby to get the best of me at times, I get offended when I don't get my way and annoyed by almost everyone, including myself. SO. Safe to say I have a long way to go.


Have you ever learned a new language? Isn't it interesting how you can hear and understand, read and understand, and then as soon as you open your mouth to speak your tongue becomes this foreign object that you suddenly have no control over? You just can't seem to make it do what you want it to do. Your knowledge of the language holds no sway if your mouth is untrained.


I felt that way in my body today. Like my wheels are spinning so fast when they're in the air, but once the rubber hits the road, not so much.


Thankful to close my eyes and try again tomorrow.

No comments: