2.03.2012

Just when I think my morning hair can't get any better, I wake up to something like this....


...and totally out do myself. I decided it needed to be proudly worn and admired, if by no one except Stella and the horses we bring breakfast to every day. 


Day five of Nathan being gone is our breaking point, we've just established. First Stella, who put on such a spectacle while I was pouring her cereal that even the cat stopped to watch. Wailing and collapsing and rolling around on the ground like she was being stung by bees. It was all very impressive. Academy Award worthy.


Then me. I suddenly ran out of juice and didn't want to be upright anymore. I sunk down into our big fat chair and stared out the window at the grey clouds rolling in. The cows were ganging up on an old dresser that we had thrown on the burn pile, taking turns head butting it until it finally toppled over. The drawers fell open exposing thick stacks of loose paper containing very confidential information. Nathan had stuffed it in there to be burned. That was a terrible idea, just for the record. I watched a big gust of wind send them straight up into the air, like a flock of white birds taking flight, and carry them to the four corners of the pasture. 


Stella has started making unreasonable demands, as she's been known to do after several minutes of being ignored. "I WANT FRUIT SNACKS! AND POPSICLLLLLLLLLEEEE! WAAAAAAA! I WANT DAAAAADDDDYYY! RIDE A HORSEYYYYYYYYY!"


I guess I'll peel myself off of this chair and go get the girl some fruit snacks. With my Tina Turner hair. And go save our business from blowing all over the county. And count down the seconds until Nathan gets home.

6 comments:

Lambzann said...

So Sweet Brookie!! I loved it! You can count the seconds at our house sometimes! I am sure Oliver would love it!

The Colbys... written by Erin said...

bahaha! Am I not supposed to laugh at this post.... I mean I FEEL for ya! But you're just such a bundle of hilarity in the middle of all that turmoil that it is just flat out entertaining! I feel your pain on the kid front... on the confidential papers flying all over the world.. I can only imagine. Maybe Nathan should make a short of this post.. cuz he's got the best writer of a wife EVER! Love you guys!

Linnea said...

I love it...and now I don't feel so alone.

Anonymous said...

Still a beauty! I miss you!! I love that I can catch up on our years apart through this little blog :)

--Erin

Megs said...

Oh my, Can i convice you to move to Phx?? I need more of you in my life!

The Fredericks said...

Brooke- you are so dang cute- no matter what the hair is doing!