2.08.2012

carrots in heaven











I've heard it said that heaven can be imagined by thinking of all of the splendors of the world, multiplied by two. I thought of that today watching you laugh. You had two fingers in your belly button and you forced out this loud, nervous giggle that usually means something terribly exciting is about to happen.


It was carrots. Your dad was fishing out some carrots from the fridge to take as a treat to the horses. You held one tight in each hand and with the proudest, most contented look on your face, ran chest first toward the door with your feet pattering behind trying to keep up. He scooped you onto his shoulders and started jogging around the yard, which you think is the most hilarious thing. Your curls were bouncing and wild shrieking filled the air as you two ran off, the cat tagging after as if she had some business of her own that happened to be taking her in more or less the same direction.


It was a splendor of my world, that whole scene. If I tried to multiply it by two I think my brain would explode.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh my goodness what a little angel you have. Love, Love, Love that golden, white curly hair with that adorable white dress. What a picture perfect little girl. I love the carrots thrown in there too. Such fun pictures!

Bethany said...

So beautiful! The pictures, the words, the family. I love that you are writing more and sharing more. It is a highlight of my morning when I get to read your posts :)

Rasmussen Family said...

Her hair is angelic! Oh I wish we lived closer so we could play more